Ellesmere Port Musical Theatre Company
Affiliated to the National Operatic and Dramatic Association
Originally Ellesmere Port Amateur Operatic Society, the company has been performing since 1930 and has a tradition of presenting award winning, high quality entertainment to the public. In November 2001 the society decided to update its image and changed its name to Ellesmere Port Musical Theatre Company (EPMTC). The company perform a variety of musicals, plays and concerts throughout the year, taking to the stage at venues including the Floral Pavilion Theatre (New Brighton), The Gladstone Theatre (Port Sunlight), Heswall Hall, Whitby Hall (Ellesmere Port), Ellesmere Port Civic Hall and St Mary’s Centre (Chester).
EPMTC is affiliated to NODA. The National Operatic and Dramatic Association (NODA) was founded in 1899 and is the leading representative body for amateur theatre in the UK. The Association has a membership of 2,500 amateur theatre groups staging musicals, operas, plays, concerts and pantomimes in a wide variety of venues, from the country’s leading professional theatres to village halls. Covering a broad spectrum of age ranges, NODA member societies meet the needs of all levels of performers, and those involved backstage, front of house or in society administration.
Almost every year in the last few decades we have been nominated for North West NODA awards in categories such as Best Direction, Best Choreography, Best Musical Direction and many best actor or actress awards. In 2016 we took home the award for Best Musical for our production of Sister Act.
EPMTC thrive as a group of people who enjoy performing high quality productions whilst having a lot of fun. But it’s not all about being on the stage! We rely on a strong team of volunteers; from making or hiring costumes, working backstage with props, lighting and sound, looking after our audiences front of house, selling tickets, fundraising and marketing our productions - there’s something for everyone.
So, why not join us? We are always looking for and encouraging new people to join us, in either an on or off-stage capacity. Please contact our secretary for more information on how you can get involved, firstname.lastname@example.org
To join us as a chorus member you will just need to perform a short vocal audition to prove that you can sing - don’t worry though, willingness and enthusiasm is more important than perfection! EPMTC is open to people aged 16 years and upwards.
We normally rehearse across a combination of Mondays, Thursdays and some Sunday rehearsals closer to show. Our regular rehearsal venue is Trinity Methodist Church, Whitby Road, Ellesmere Port.
We also put on a varied programme of social events through the year. Past events include quiz nights, our annual sports day and bbq, a race night, treasure hunt and numerous outings to various musicals across the north west.
Footloose Musicals was set up in 2001 by members of Ellesmere Port Musical Theatre Company and is our junior group. When a group of us got together to set up a youth section of Ellesmere Port Musical Theatre Company, we named it ‘Footloose’ after the hit musical. The exciting music, energetic dancing and highs and lows of the emotive story seemed to sum up everything we were to be about: providing a supportive place where our young people can find their voice, work together and build confidence. We never expected we would secure the licence to perform the musical we named ourselves after...ever...let alone twice! In 2018, we did just that.
Our aim is to build confidence and self esteem through musical theatre and to give members the chance to perform in our productions. Footloose is backed by a dedicated and creative administrative team who deliver with passion and drive, and draw out talent whenever they engage with young people.
Young people from any background are welcome and actively encouraged to explore their creativity in a safe, supportive environment. Normally mounting one main production annually, throughout the year, we focus on the ideas and creativity of young people, using their thoughts and imagination to create lively performances.
All skills are welcome from complete beginners to the more experienced!
Our age group is 8 to 21 and we ensure a constant source of fun activities, all at an affordable cost.
We stage our main production in Spring each year and rehearsals normally start in September.
To find out more about joining and details of the membership fees, please contact the Footloose Musicals Secretary at email@example.com. Similar to the adult society, rehearsal nights are a combination of Mondays, Thursdays and Sundays.
Ellesmere Port Musical Theatre Company Previous Productions
Click a section heading to expand:
- 2018 - It’s a Wonderful Life (St Mary’s Creative Space)
- 2018 - Holmes and The Ripper (St Mary’s Creative Space)
- 2017 - 9 to 5 The Musical (Floral Pavilion)
- 2017 - Curtain up on Murder (Heswall Hall)
- 2016 - Love Songs Live (Heswall Hall)
- 2016 - Legally Blonde The Musical (Floral Pavilion)
- 2016 - Season’s Greetings (Heswall Hall)
- 2015 - Sister Act (Floral Pavilion)
- 2015 - Comfort and Joy (Heswall Hall)
- 2014 - My mother said I never should (Whitby Hall)
- 2014 - Music of the Movies (Westbourne Hall)
- 2014 - Oliver! (Floral Pavilion)
- 2014 - The Flint Street Nativity (Heswall Hall)
- 2013 - West End Night (Floral Pavilion Blue Lounge)
- 2013 - Whistle Down the Wind
- 2013 - Back to the 80s - The Totally Awesome Musical
- 2012 - Calendar Girls (Floral Pavilion)
- 2012 - Our House - The Madness Musical
- 2011 - Let’s Face the Music and Dance 2011
- 2011 - The Producers
- 2010 - Little Shop of Horrors
- 2010 - An Unexpected Musical (Floral Pavilion)
- 2010 - Disney’s Beauty and the Beast
- 2009 - Sweet Charity
- 2009 - The Full Monty (Floral Pavillion)
- 2009 - Boogie Nights - The 70s Musical
- 2008 - The King and I
- 2008 - Let’s Face the Music...and dance
- 2007 - The Witches of Eastwick
- 2007 - The Full Monty
- 2006 - Anything Goes
- 2006 - Curtain Up
- 2005 - Kiss Me Kate
- 2005 - The Boyfriend
- 2004 - Annie
- 2004 - Half a Sixpence
- 2003 - Guys And Dolls
- 2003 - The Wizard Of Oz
- 2002 - Oklahoma!
- 2002 - Jerry Herman’s - The Best Of Times
- 2001 - The Sound Of Music
- 2000 - My Fair Lady
- 2000 - Millennium Music Hall
- 1999 - Crazy For You
- 1999 - Colours
- 1998 - Oliver!
- 1998 - Let’s All Go To The Music Hall
- 1997 - South Pacific
- 1997 - Me And My Girl
- 1996 - The King And I
- 1996 - A Night At The Music Hall
- 1995 - Annie
- 1995 - Tribute To Gershwin
- 1994 - Anything Goes
- 1994 - A Night At The Music Hall
- 1993 - Call Me Madam
- 1993 - Cowardy Custard
- 1992 - Camelot
- 1992 - A Music Cavalcade
- 1991 - No No Nanette
- 1991 - Underneath The Arches
- 1990 - Annie Get Your Gun
- 1990 - Diamond Jubilee Music Hall
- 1989 - Mame
- 1989 - A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum
- 1988 - The Music Man
- 1988 - The Wizard Of Oz
- 1987 - Calamity Jane
- 1987 - The Sound Of Music
- 1986 - Annie
- 1986 - Music Hall
- 1985 - Seesaw
- 1985 - It’s De Lovely
- 1984 - Guys And Dolls
- 1984 - Olde Tyme Music Hall
- 1983 - Mack And Mable
- 1983 - Richard Rogers Show
- 1982 - Oklahoma!
- 1982 - Cavalcade Of Music Hall II
- 1981 - Hello Dolly!
- 1981 - Say It With Music
- 1980 - Fiddler On The Roof
- 1980 - Golden Jubilee Music Hall
- 1979 - Sweet Charity
- 1979 - The Pajama Game
- 1978 - South Pacific
- 1978 - The Best Of Music Hall
- 1977 - Gypsy
- 1977 - Oh What A Lovely War
- 1976 - George M
- 1975 - Kiss Me Kate
- 1975 - A Night at The Music Hall
- 1974 - Mame
- 1974 - Oliver
- 1973 - Funny Girl
- 1973 - Cavalcade Of Music Hall
- 1972 - Fiddler On The Roof
- 1972 - Half A Sixpence
- 1971 - My Fair Lady
- 1971 - Finian’s Rainbow
- 1970 - Hello Dolly!
- 1970 - Another Music Hall
- 1969 - Another Music Hall
- 1969 - Annie Get Your Gun
- 1968 - Kings Rhapsody
- 1968 - Old Tyme Music Hall
- 1967 - Olde Tyme Music Hall
- 1967 - Carousel
- 1966 - How To Succeed In Business
- 1965 - Grab Me A Gondola
- 1965 - Oklahoma!
- 1964 - Zip Goes a Million
- 1964 - South Pacific
- 1963 - Salad Days
- 1963 - The Music Man
- 1962 - The Boyfriend
- 1962 - The King and I
- 1961 - Free As Air
- 1961 - Gay’s the Word
- 1960 - The Pyjama Game
- 1959 - Call Me Madam
- 1958 - Annie Get Your Gun
- 1957 - Oklahoma!
- 1956 - New Moon
- 1955 - Glamourous Night
- 1954 - The Mikado
- 1954 - Blue for a Boy
- 1953 - Me and My Girl (Open Air)
- 1952 - The Arcadians (Open Air)
- 1951 - Merrie England (Open Air)
- 1938 - The Desert Song
- 1937 - The Mikado
- 1936 - Our Miss Gibbs
- 1935 - The Yeomen of the Guard
- 1934 - The Mikado
- 1933 - The Gondoliers
- 1932 - Pirates of Penzance
- 1930 - Bohemian Girl
- 1930 - Maritana
Footloose Musicals Previous Productions
- 2018 - Footloose the musical
- 2017 - Hairspray
- 2016 - Disco Inferno
- 2015 - The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
- 2014 - Honk!
- 2013 - Honk!
- 2012 - Our Day Out
- 2011 - The Wiz
- 2010 - Footloose the Musical
- 2009 - Fame the Musical
- 2008 - Oliver!
- 2007 - Disco Inferno
- 2006 - Copacabana
- 2005 - Little Shop of Horrors
- 2004 - Shake, Ripple and Roll
- 2003 - Bugsy Malone
- 2002 - Fame the Musical